Wednesday, October 31, 2007

+ve.......and loving it!



A friend said to me, I am a +ve person.

Frankly, it is a compliment to me. I get it a lot. But everytime a person say this to me, it makes me wonder...am I really?

I wasn't when I first came to college. It was down right negative. If there's a scale, I would be in the position where it is infinitely negative. I was so low that I thought of quitting the whole thing. But Alhamdulillah, He gave me strength to move on, a place to cry and seek help, and a love letter that will keep me company the whole time.

And due to that, I am +ve right now. I am +ve that I will survive med-school. I've survived college. It's just an extension of another 5 years.

So what makes me a +ve person? I guess my belief in Allah has made me this. He will take care of everything. There's nothing to worry about. Just do your best!

Hmm... reminds me of a campaign wehad back in school. "I am a +ve Muslim" campaign. Everyone was given this badge with the saying on it. We wear it every single day, becomes our school badge since we didn't have any. but the fact is, it kept reminding myself to think positive. It's only think positive of yourself or the consequences of your actions, but also of other people, their thoughts and actions. Sounds familiar?

It does as that is was Islam teaches. Think +ve.

"That ye grieve not for the sake of that which hath escaped you, nor yet exult because of that which hath been given. Allah loveth not all prideful boasters" (Al-Hadid 57:22)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stay +ve mun! (^^)