Friday, December 28, 2007

Tolong tunjuk jalan??

Yesterday was another shopping day. Hahaha, two days of shopping, the boxing day (26/12) and yesterday (27/12). Our target (me and my crazy housemate whose name is to be kept confidential due to security reasons) was NEXT CLEARANCE. Kih3....

We went out at 830am... my GOD, were we crazy?? Nah, it was bcoz our friend form Nottingham had to catch her bus at 10.30, and she wants to go shopping as well...[alasan cover line ;D]

[At least we did not go out at 5 in the morning!]

Then, we were done by 12.30 (after much hurrying by me). I ended up buying only a pair of dress, but my housemate spent quite a lot...

While waiting for the Free City Bus (this is when laziness strikes in and we have no energy to walk back home), a lady came up to us...

She was holding a piece of paper which I assumed to be a map. She asked, "You speak English? You read English alright??"

I was thinking :
"Eh, this lady wants us to show her way through Leeds... Hmm, do really know Leeds??"

Then, suddenly, she gave us this paper she was holding.

"This tells you about Heaven bla bla bla... [I remembered she mentioned Bible but I can't remember what exactly that she said. Something to do with Heaven and Bible.

Then, she said, "You're Muslims aren't you? You believe in Heaven don't you? So do we."

[Erks... who's we??]

"I'm a Jehovah's Witness... Please take this..."

I thought again, it was funny that I thought she wanted to ask for directions.

Uhuhu, my first encounter with a Jehovah's Witness. And my first time being 'preached' like-wise... SHOCKING!!! It not offensive (not to my perspective). She was very kind and smiling... I'm yet to read the paper (which turn out to be a brochure) so I can't comment on that yet...

Hmm... I remembered a lesson about characteristics of Allah's servant is to walk on earth with humbleness and when someone mocks them, they reply with peace... Subhanallah... such a noble character Allah teaches us. Can we be that?? No, we MUST be that! How beautiful it is being presented in the Qur'an..

And the servants of ((Allah)) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!" (Al-Furqaan 25:63)

No comments: