Sunday, August 12, 2007

Islam in Russia

I just remember something. One of the days we had in Russia, we visited the Kremlin, the centre of Russian administration... where Vladimir Putin has his offices (He has two offices - I think). So, in the Kremlin itself, there are 7 churches, each has its own function. You see, during the Tsar-ruling time, the Tsar would have a church to himself, he doesn't share. So, one church was for him, another for his wife, one for the coronation.... and some more I just can't remember the details... I even got to see a procession in a church which was... em... scary but beautiful. Russia is a centre of Orthodox Christianity. So, during the procession, I saw a couple of ladies wearing full hijab (I can say this... can I?) Huhu, I was proud... but sad thinking that they aren't Muslims....

Nonetheless,what I want to share is that what I saw at the Museum in Kremlin... yes, they have a museum in the compound... (Imagine Kremlin as a gated community, maybe like Istana Negara with lots of buildings.. and those who caught tresspassing, will be sent to Siberia!!)

There were a few armours given to the Tsars, worn by the tsar (and his soldiers) and so forth.. what is interesting is that one of the armours has Arabic inscription on it... I can't remember what it said (or is it I couldn't read it??) but the point is... It's ARABIC!!!

Huhu, I was so proud thinking that the Muslims reached Russia during that time... even though Muslim's aren't the biggest group there, or should I say prctising Muslims... knowing that the effort was done was uplifting...

It gave some sort of 'semangat' for me to be really keen on this path that I chose. I no longer want to be labelled as a 'scratch and win' Muslim, but a true Muslim who chose her own path. Yes, thanks to my mom and dad who did wonderful job shaping me into this...

YEEHAW!!! let's do it people... Let's the spread the words of peace... spread Salam... Spread Islam...!!!

No comments: